Osaka

11/20/2014 , 0 Comments


Osaka have officially bumped up into my "Favourite City List" to number 2.
(Number 1 being Kyoto. hohohoho)
Not an expert in Japan especially the Kansai area, but here are some places I went to in Osaka.



Osaka Kaiyukan (海遊館)

Not going to bore you with the usual tourist book talk but the Kaiyukan is located in the Tempozan area which you can also find the ferris wheel and universal studio japan pretty close by.



Happens to be the period of school excursion. Wherever i go, kids in their uniforms.

The normal tickets cost 2300yen but I bought the Kaiyu Ticket at the Airport for 2,550yen thinking that it comes with a "Unlimited ride within Osaka City*". Mind the * sign. Despite the fact that you think Osaka City means the whole of Osaka, there are some places in Osaka such as hankyu line that you can't use the ticket. So for me, it was like a "I try this ticket, I pass, I go in. I fail, I use my regular card."







Truth to be told, when I came into adulthood, i started hating on zoos and aquarium.
It's inhumane how they keep animals in their enclosure and restrict them to a whole life in a tank.



Dōtonbori (道頓堀)

Dōtonbori as you may or may not recognise from the famous glico man (who was on a vacation when I was there, replaced by Ayase Haruka) is the number 1 must go in Osaka.
It's the most tourist filled and the one stop where you can get almost everything and anything.


Halal food alert ! 
Extremely famous takoyaki.
Dōtonbori as I mention is like a one stop for anything.
You can find the extremely crowded forever popular Don Quijote(look for the penguin) along the river where you can get all kind of snacks, make up, electronic stuffs at greatly discounted price.
Within walking distance is also Shinsaibashi (心斎橋) and Amerikamura (アメリカ村, American Village), you can feast your eye at gyaru at the latter.



Umeda Sky Building (梅田スカイビル)


Spend 700yen with Mari-unni on a walk up the Umeda Sky Building.
Should not have done that ....



Takoyaki (たこ焼き)
Is my favourite japanese food. 
And when you are in Osaka, it is a must must must eat.
Takoyaki can be said to be "invented"in Osaka.
And nowadays there are a lot of varieties of Takoyaki, my personal favourite goes to the runny one ~




This concludes my Osaka trip.
Stay tune for Kyoto's next ! ^^

0 comments: