Taking a train and cab in Tokyo.

9/26/2014 , , , 0 Comments


One of the hardest thing in Tokyo, as people always said, was to take the train.

So like the idiot i always am, I manage to get myself lost for almost the first time in my life (despite being a road idiot, i always manage to make correct turns)
So, I was at Shinjuku station which is otherwise known as the mother of all train lines.
Believe it or not, Shinjuku Station has 36 platforms and over 200 exits. *mindblown*

So the story was that, 
My plane was delayed and I reached Shinjuku Station at 11.30pm, just nice to catch the last train. I stayed at Sasazuka so it was one stop away, if i take the keio line. Which sounds perfectly easy. RIGHT. I got down right infront of the keio line and manage to get lost to take the keio NEW line and who knows Japan, even one track has like different train (rapid, express,mass-rapid, god-damn speed, god-damn lost). So i ended up in Chofu. Lucky me. Which is about 20mins from where i stay. And it was the last train.
Lucky oh me, have to got to take a cab. 
For a 20mins ride, i paid lo and behold 5,700yen which is usd54.90,krw 57,000 and sgd 69. 

THIS HAS GOT TO BE A RIDE TO HELL BECAUSE IT COST LIKE ONE. 

Anyway, thereafter i had no more problem with the train rides and have pretty much master it... (although i still get confused by the rapid,express,etc i manage to just take the right one after looking at my 5,700yen flew off).

So thereafter, all my plane schedule are booked to coincide with enough time for me to go from airport to hotel and enough to get lost without having to get a cab ... 

0 comments: