Cultural Clash in Japan.

8/05/2014 , 0 Comments

As usual, with different countries, there is definitely cultural clash.
Here are some of the clashes I had in Tokyo ~


Electricity



The voltage in Japan is really low.
For the rest of us, who are used to the usual 220v, Japan's 100v is like a broken fan.
Things take longer to charge and hairdryer feels like a kid's toy.


Politeness/ Permission.


Japanese politeness is widely known, but the extend of their politeness when I witness it, is amazing.
When I took the train and there was an available seat, this 2 older ladies started bowing to each other, offering the seat to each other.


Solo Culture


It is highly possible for people to live on their own in Japan without having to say a word for the whole day. Which probably brings about the Hikikomori culture. 
People shutting themselves and being a hermit.
When I was in Tokyo, I could order food at restaurants via machine, without saying a single word.
In fact, I could live everyday without having to say a single word.



These are some of the culture clash I had.
Do let me know if there is anymore that I have not noticed !


0 comments: